Looking for help with your PGA lineups? In Roosevelt’s Hole In One, we provide our recommended plays for Draft, DraftKings and FanDuel for this weekend’s PGA event!
If this article helps you have success, please feel free to leave me a tip!
If you have questions, the best way to reach me is within our Facebook group The DFS Masters.
This group is the only place I answer individual questions about events.
For anything else, you can contact me on Twitter.
Last week, Francisco Molinari beat out Matthew Fitzpatrick by two strokes to win the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Molinari was one of my “additional pieces” in last weeks article so I had him. The problem is I had Jason Day in those lineups as well so didn’t get to benefit from that play. I’m Draft I just got demolished. I only won 3 out of 22 drafts and they were all Head to Head contests.
This week, the PGA Tour moves to Florida for the Players Championship. While not officially a Major it is known by many as the Fifth Major. The field is stacked with talent. The course is very difficult and on top of that we have double digit wind throughout the event and it could get really bad on Sunday as it may exceed 20 mph. So this is going to be a very interesting event for DFS purposes. It’s a Par 72 course a little under 7,200 yards. Top 70 and ties move on after 2 rounds. The MDF rules are in effect if more than 78 golfers make the cut.
Here are the key factors I am looking at this week in order of priority:
- Vegas odds to win
- Strokes Gained: Approach
- Bogey Avoidance
- Par 5 Scoring
- Strokes Gained: Putting
- Strokes Gained: Around the Green
- Recent Form
- Course History
Here are the tools that I use this week:
Draft & Drafters Top 10 Plays
New to Draft? Get a $3 credit when you make a deposit of $10 or more
New to Drafters? Get a $10 free credit and a 50% bonus match on your first deposit up to $100
On Draft and Drafters, your primary concern is to draft the best golfers in the field regardless of position. A great way to assess that is to start with Vegas Odds to Win. Then look at the key statistics that are important to you and move golfers up or down as you see fit. Here are my top 10 plays on Draft:
- Dustin Johnson
- Justin Thomas
- Rory Mcllroy
- Xander Schauffele
- Tiger Woods
- Justin Rose
- Rickie Fowler
- Brooks Koepka
- Francesco Molinari
- Bryson Dechambeau
DraftKings & FanDuel Plays
On DraftKings and FanDuel salary is important. A player can be a good player but a bad play on DraftKings or FanDuel because of their price. I’m going to do it a little different this week. I’list of core golfers that you can build your lineups around as well as some golfers that are good as additional pieces for your lineups.
Building Blocks – These are golfers that you can build your lineups around:
- Tiger Woods – $10,500 DraftKings $11,100 FanDuel
- Xander Schauffele – $9,000 DraftKings $11,000 FanDuel
- Tommy Fleetwood – $8,800 DraftKings $10,600 FanDuel
- Hideki Matsuyama – $8,300 DraftKings $10,500 FanDuel
- Matt Kuchar – $8,000 DraftKings $10,000 FanDuel
- Paul Casey – $7,900 DraftKings $9,900 FanDuel
- Ian Poulter – $7,600 DraftKings $9,800 FanDuel
- Gary Woodland – $7,500 DraftKings $10,100 FanDuel
- Lucas Glover – $7,100 DraftKings $9,200 FanDuel
Additional Pieces – These are golfers that you can mix and match into with your lineups.
- Justin Rose – $10,200 DraftKings $11,700 FanDuel
- Patrick Cantlay – $8,700 DraftKings $10,000 FanDuel
- Francisco Molinari – $8,600 DraftKings $10,100 FanDuel
- Webb Simpson – $8,500 DraftKings $10,300 FanDuel
- Patrick Reed – $8,100 DraftKings $9,900 FanDuel
- Si Woo Kim – $7,700 DraftKings $9,700 FanDuel
- Marc Leishman – $7,600 DraftKings $9,900 FanDuel
- Charles Howell – $7,300 DraftKings $9,600 FanDuel
- Sungjae Im – $6,800 DraftKings $9,000 FanDuel
Keep in mind with this being the “fifth major” the talent level is very deep here. There are obviously more decent to good plays than what I have listed here. These are just some of the plays that I like the most. Feel free to ask me questions in the group thread or to my Twitter account if Facebook is still down.