Looking for help with your PGA lineups? In Roosevelt’s Hole In One, we provide our recommended plays for Draft, DraftKings and FanDuel for this weekend’s PGA event!
If this article helps you have success, please feel free to leave me a tip!
If you have questions, the best way to reach me is within our Facebook group The DFS Masters.
This group is the only place I answer individual questions about events.
For anything else, you can contact me on Twitter.
Last week, Dustin Johnson won the WGC-Mexico Championship taking 1st taking a victory by 5 strokes over Rory Mcilroy to win. I finished with a small loss on DraftKings and a small gain on Draft. Overall, I finished a little above break even for last week’s event. I did have some lineups with Dustin Johnson on DraftKings. However, my main lineup didn’t have any golfer that finished in the top 10 so that significantly limited my upside on DraftKings since I play my main lineup in half my lineups. Dustin Johnson was #2 on my Draft list so I had him in all my head to heads and 3 person contests where I had the 2nd pick. I also had a lot of Rory Mcilroy who finished 2nd so that helped as well.
This week, the PGA Tour moves on to Florida to the Honda Classic. This event is played at the PGA National course which is a Par 70 course a little over 7,100 yards. This is one of the more difficult courses on the tour. Last year Justin Thomas won with a -8 and the cut was in the double digits over par. For difficult courses like this, I like to look at bogey avoidance as opposed to birdie or better percentage. There are also a lot of second shots on this course so I will be looking at proximity statistics. Top 70 and ties advance after the 2nd round and the MDF rule is in effect if more than 78 golfers make the cut.
Here are the key factors I am looking at this week in order of priority:
- Vegas odds to win
- Strokes Gained Approach
- Bogey Avoidance
- Par 4 Scoring
- Strokes Gained Putting
- Proximity 150-175
- Proximity 175-200
- Recent Form
- Course History
Here are the tools that I use this week:
Draft & Drafters Top 10 Plays
New to Draft? Get a $3 credit when you make a deposit of $10 or more
New to Drafters? Get a $10 free credit and a 50% bonus match on your first deposit up to $100
On Draft and Drafters, your primary concern is to draft the best golfers in the field regardless of position. A great way to assess that is to start with Vegas Odds to Win. Then look at the key statistics that are important to you and move golfers up or down as you see fit. Here are my top 10 plays on Draft:
- Justin Thomas
- Rickie Fowler
- Brooks Koepka
- Adam Scott
- Sergio Garcia
- Gary Woodland
- Webb Simpson
- Cameron Smith
- Daniel Berger
- Emiliano Grillo
DraftKings & FanDuel Plays
On DraftKings and FanDuel salary is important. A player can be a good player but a bad play on DraftKings or FanDuel because of their price. I’m going to do it a little different this week. I’m going to give you a list of core golfers that you can build your lineups around as well as some golfers that are good as additional pieces for your lineups.
Building Blocks – These are golfers that you can build your lineups around:
- Justin Thomas – $11,900 DraftKings $13,000 FanDuel
- Rickie Fowler – $11,200 DraftKings $11,900 FanDuel
- Webb Simpson – $9,600 DraftKings $10,600 FanDuel
- Zach Johnson – $8,700 DraftKings $9,900 FanDuel
- Graeme McDowell – $7,600 DraftKings $9,100 FanDuel
- Talor Gooch $7,600 DraftKings, $8,700 FanDuel
- Jason Kokrak – $7,300 DraftKings, $9,400 FanDuel
- Jim Furyk – $7,000 DraftKings, $9,200 FanDuel
Additional Pieces – These are golfers that you can mix and match into with your lineups.
- Cameron Smith – $9,500 DraftKings $10,700 FanDuel
- Emiliano Grillo – $8,900 DraftKings $10,300 FanDuel
- Kiradech Aphibarnrat – $8,200 DraftKings $9,800 FanDuel
- Scott Piercy – $8,100 DraftKings $10,000 FanDuel
- Michael Thompson – $8,000 DraftKings $10,100 FanDuel
- Harold Varner – $7,300 DraftKings $8,600 FanDuel
- Ryan Palmer – $7,200 DraftKings $9,200 FanDuel
- Johnson Wagner – $6,500 DraftKings Not available on FanDuel
- Robert Streb – $6,200 DraftKings $8,000 FanDuel