Looking for advice on who to play in your MLB daily fantasy sports lineups? In today’s edition of MLB Roosevelt’s Lineup Card I break down today’s slate for Drafters, Draft and DraftKings!
If this article helps you have success, please feel free to leave me a tip!
If you have questions the best way to reach me is by asking your question in our private slack community in our MLB specific chat channel. While I can’t guarantee I will get to your question, the chat is the first place I check for questions so that’s the best way to get me. I rarely if ever check Facebook messenger individual messages so if you’re messaging me there you’re wasting your time. You can also post it within our Facebook group and tag me and if I see it and am free I’ll answer it there as well. If you really really really want one on one help (most of you don’t really need it, just read the article and ask questions in the chat or group), send a tip for $25 and I can give you 15 minutes via one on one chat at a time I’m available which is usually mornings.
My rankings are based on the following criteria:
- Vegas implied offensive totals and team moneyline.
- Pitching stats for pitchers I want to play and pitchers I want to pick batters against (i.e. SIERA, K% BB% GB% FB% HC%)
- Team hitting wOBA verses the handedness of the pitcher they are facing.
- Individual hitting stats verses the handedness of the pitcher they are facing (i.e. wOBA, ISO, K%, BB%, SB, LD%, GB%, FB%)
- Stadium tendencies (Hitter Ball Park vs Pitcher Ball Park)
- Position Scarcity (Snake Drafts Only)
- Salary (Salary cap sites only)
So last night was not a good night at all! My cash lineup scored the lowest score that I’ve scored this entire season. Maybe even the lowest score of all time in the history of playing MLB cash games! I had a few GPP lineups cash but definitely not enough to be profitable. Didn’t have enough time to play Draft and Drafters didn’t come back up until less than 2 hours before lock.
In any case, I’m up 13% in MLB for the year on DraftKings. I’m up 17% in MLB for the year on Drafters. I’m up 2.85% on Draft. Overall, across all three fantasy sites I am up 11% in MLB for the year.
Weather Spots To Watch
- Boston vs Baltimore – So they are playing a doubleheader. The consensus is that most of the rain is going to come towards the end of the first game and the beginning of the second game. I definitely would not play this game in cash games unless the forecast improves significantly before lineup lock. In early snake drafts I’ll either avoid or make sure if I take players from this game that I have other drafts where I don’t touch this game. In later snake drafts, I will decide how I handle it based on what the forecast says.
- Minnesota vs Detroit – Chances of showers in the middle of the game but may not necessarily pop up at the game itself. I personally wouldn’t fade right now.
- Arizona vs Cincinnati – Storms in the afternoon to early evening. Late start definitely a possibility but the game is likely to get played as of now. I will not be fading.
- Milwaukee vs Atlanta – Chances of storms but radar looks good around game time so I will not be fading.
Follow Kevin Roth (KevinRothWx) on Twitter for all the latest updates on weather.
Drafters Top 10 Plays
New to Drafters? Get a $10 free credit and a 50% bonus match on your first deposit up to $100
- Charlie Blackmon – CF/LF
- Manny Machado – SS/3B
- Matt Kemp – LF/RF
- Carlos Gonzalez – LF/RF
- Justin Turner – 3B
- Brian Dozier – 2B
- Freddie Freeman – 1B
- JT Realmuto – C
- Aaron Nola – P
- Trevor Bauer – P
If you are playing contests larger than head to head, move Nola and Bauer to the top of your rankings as they are clearly ahead of the pack of the rest of the pitchers. If you’re not worried about the weather concerns, JD Martinez is arguably the top option on the slate at RF. Francisco Lindor is a strong option at SS after Machado and is arguably a top 5 option in larger contests. Mookie Betts is worth a look in the top 10 for larger contests if you’re not concerned about the weather. Nolan Areando is also a top 10 option in larger sized contests.
Draft Top 10 Plays
New to Draft? Get a $3 credit when you make a deposit of $10 or more
- Charlie Blackmon – OF
- Manny Machado – IF
- Matt Kemp – OF
- Carlos Gonzalez – OF
- Justin Turner – IF
- Francisco Lindor – IF
- Brian Dozier – IF
- JD Martinez – OF
- Aaron Nola – P
- Trevor Bauer – P
If you are playing contests larger than head to head, move Nola and Bauer to the top of your rankings as they are clearly ahead of the pack of the rest of the pitchers. If you’re not worried about the weather concerns, JD Martinez is arguably the top option on the slate at RF. Mookie Betts is worth a look in the top 10 for larger contests if you’re not concerned about the weather.
Main Slate @ 7:05pm
- Aaron Nola – $9,800
- Trevor Bauer – $12,500
- Charlie Morton – $11,500
- Jack Flaherty – $9,600
- Tyler Skaggs – $8,200
- Trevor Williams – $6,900
- Dan Straily – $6,600
- Los Angeles Dodgers – All batters in play except for Cody Bellinger who is too expensive and is facing a lefty on lefty matchup. He is a complete and utter fade today.
- Cleveland – I like the Indians today but they aren’t necessarily a must play. James Shields has been better as of late.
- Colorado – All batters in play but I definitely prefer the lefties over the righties in this matchup.
- Arizona – The Diamondbacks disappointed last night but you have to have a short memory in baseball. Great matchup tonight 1-9. They aren’t a part of the main DraftKings slate but feel free to play them in snake drafts or the earlier DraftKings slates if you are playing those.
- Milwaukee – Great matchup tonight especially for the lefties. Every lefty is in play. I would fade righties with a low wOBA (below .330) because Teheran has an opposing wOBA of only .300. However the better righties are definitely in play especially with Teheran’s .237 opposing ISO.
- Philadelphia – Entire lineup is in play 1-9. Walker Lockett has a 4.93 SIERA in the limited action he has seen in the big leagues with an incredulous .527 wOBA against lefties.
Those are the teams in the best spots but there are a lot of good hitting options tonight. The only teams that I would completely fade on the batter side are San Diego, Chicago White Sox and the Kansas City Royals. I’m not crazy about Seattle tonight, however, I don’t mind a couple of lefty low owned GPP pivots like Span and Seager and I don’t mind if you want to take a chance on Haniger or Cruz.