Looking for advice on who to play in your MLB daily fantasy sports lineups? In today’s edition of MLB Roosevelt’s Lineup Card I break down today’s slate for Drafters, Draft and DraftKings!
If this article helps you have success, please feel free to leave me a tip!
If you have questions the best way to reach me is by asking your question in our private slack community in our MLB specific chat channel. While I can’t guarantee I will get to your question, the chat is the first place I check for questions so that’s the best way to get me. I rarely if ever check Facebook messenger individual messages so if you’re messaging me there you’re wasting your time. You can also post it within our Facebook group and tag me and if I see it and am free I’ll answer it there as well. If you really really really want one on one help (most of you don’t really need it, just read the article and ask questions in the chat or group), send a tip for $25 and I can give you 15 minutes via one on one chat at a time I’m available which is usually mornings.
My rankings are based on the following criteria:
- Vegas implied offensive totals and team moneyline.
- Pitching stats for pitchers I want to play and pitchers I want to pick batters against (i.e. SIERA, K% BB% GB% FB% HC%)
- Team hitting wOBA verses the handedness of the pitcher they are facing.
- Individual hitting stats verses the handedness of the pitcher they are facing (i.e. wOBA, ISO, K%, BB%, SB, LD%, GB%, FB%)
- Stadium tendencies (Hitter Ball Park vs Pitcher Ball Park)
- Position Scarcity (Snake Drafts Only)
- Salary (Salary cap sites only)
Tuesday was the last time I played fantasy baseball. Wednesday I was busy getting my golf lineups together for the PGA Championship. Thursday I wasted my time donating to football once again. One of the traps we all fall into, myself included is we allow ourselves to be sucked into decisions that might not be most conducive to our goals. I played football not because I wanted to but because I thought there was this “magical edge” that I would have. When the truth is there’s no magical edge. If you want to be good at something you need to learn how to do it, put in time and effort and learn from those who are successful at it. It took me three years to get good at fantasy baseball so to think I was going to just magically be good at PRESEASON football was an exercise in delusion. Fantasy sports is as much as a mental and emotional awareness game as it is about the sport itself.
Weather Spots To Watch
- Milwaukee vs Atlanta – There is a chance for rain down here. According to Kevin Roth (KevinRothWx on Twitter) even if it’s does rain it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to rain at the ballpark based on what the radar looks like. So my recommendation is to just double check the weather before the game if you’re playing DraftKings. If you’re playing Drafters you can pick players from this game last so that there’s little opportunity cost to you if you need to swap out. If you’re playing Draft or if you want to be more conservative on Drafters just make sure if you like players in this game you also enter other contests where you fade the players in this game.
- Arizona vs Cincinatti – Rain should be after the game or worst case scenario towards the end. I will not be fading at this time.
- Boston vs Baltimore – Rain should be after the game or worst case scenario towards the end. I will not be fading at this time.
Drafters Top 10 Plays
New to Drafters? Get a $10 free credit and a 50% bonus match on your first deposit up to $100
Note – Drafters site is currently down right now. If they get back up soon and I have time I will update this later with my Drafters plays.
Draft Top 10 Plays
New to Draft? Get a $3 credit when you make a deposit of $10 or more
- Mike Trout – OF UPDATE TROUT TO DL DO NOT DRAFT
- Giancarlo Stanton – OF
- Gerrit Cole – P
- Matt Carpenter – IF
- Andrew Benintendi – OF
- Masahiro Tanaka – P
- Mookie Betts – OF
- Freddie Freeman – IF
- Carlos Correa – IF
- Alex Bregman – IF
Note – If doing contests higher than head to head I would take JD Martinez over Correa and Bregman
Showdown 2:20 pm slate
Cubs opened at -150 favorites over the Nationals. They are down to -135 now. Kyle Hendricks has great opposing wOBA against lefties but his opposing ISO is on the high side. For righties it’s the opposite. He’s got great opposing ISO but his opposing wOBA is high. I don’t hate him as a play but for $15,300 I would prefer a little more certainty. If you’re playing multiple lineups he’s fine but I’m doing single entry today so he’s going to be a fade for me. Jeremy Hellickson is pitching for the underdog but he’s got much better opposing wOBA and ISO to righties and only his opposing ISO against lefties is a concern. He’s my preferred pitching play of the two but I may just go all bats.
As for bats on Washington Rendon is my favorite bat by far. Harper and Soto are fine. Turner is a little expensive. Eaton and Murphy are ok. Zimmerman is ok if you need to save on salary. I have no interest in Kieboom.
Chicago bats Rizzo is the best play to me if you want to pay up. I also really like Zobrist and Schwarber. Heyward is fine as a salary saver. I also like Bote as a salary saver. I have no interest in Baez, Contreras or Russell.
Main Slate @ 7:05pm
- Gerrit Cole – $12,500
- Masahiro Tanaka – $10,400
- Zach Eflin – $8,500
- Derek Holland – $7,600
- Jacob Nix – $5,700
- Clay Holmes – $4,000
- Arizona lefties are glorious today! David Peralta and/or Eduardo Escobar make great starting points for your lineups. Only righties I would play are Goldschmidt or Pollock.
- Yankees all righties are in play. Lefties should be faded. Giancarlo Stanton is a great place to start. Luke Volt and Shane Robinson are good options for salary savers.
- Rockies and Dodgers are both in play but both pitchers are decent so temper expectations. Dodgers lefties are the best way to attack Gray. Rockies lefties are the best way to attack Maeda.
- Red Sox are in play entire lineup.
- St Louis are in play entire lineup.
That should give you more than enough bats to build good lineups with. Good luck!