Looking for advice on who to play in your MLB daily fantasy sports lineups? In today’s edition of MLB Roosevelt’s Lineup Card I break down today’s slate for Drafters, Draft and DraftKings!
If this article helps you have success, please feel free to leave me a tip!
If you have questions the best way to reach me is by asking your question in our private slack community in our MLB specific chat channel. While I can’t guarantee I will get to your question, the chat is the first place I check for questions so that’s the best way to get me. I rarely if ever check Facebook messenger individual messages so if you’re messaging me there you’re wasting your time. You can also post it within our Facebook group and tag me and if I see it and am free I’ll answer it there as well. If you really really really want one on one help (most of you don’t really need it, just read the article and ask questions in the chat or group), send a tip for $25 and I can give you 15 minutes via one on one chat at a time I’m available which is usually mornings.
My rankings are based on the following criteria:
- Vegas implied offensive totals and team moneyline.
- Pitching stats for pitchers I want to play and pitchers I want to pick batters against (i.e. SIERA, K% BB% GB% FB% HC%)
- Team hitting wOBA verses the handedness of the pitcher they are facing.
- Individual hitting stats verses the handedness of the pitcher they are facing (i.e. wOBA, ISO, K%, BB%, SB, LD%, GB%, FB%)
- Stadium tendencies (Hitter Ball Park vs Pitcher Ball Park)
- Position Scarcity (Snake Drafts Only)
- Salary (Salary cap sites only)
Saturday was an ok day for me. My cash lineup didn’t get a complete hit but it did cash in my largest entry fee double ups, thus allowing me to profit. My GPP lineups took a small loss, however, I was in the running for taking down another GPP. Ended up finishing 55th.
Weather Spots To Watch
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs Philadelphia – High chance of delay with a possible PPD. I would completely fade this game in DraftKings cash, Drafters and Draft. In DraftKings GPP, I would fade Philadelphia and both pitchers. You can play Dodgers lefty hitters in GPP, just understand the risk and know that you cannot swap out after 7:05pm
- Boston vs Baltimore – Same as the game in Philadelphia. Would fade completely in DraftKings cash, Drafters and Draft. In DraftKings GPP, I would fade Baltimore and both pitchers. You can play Boston hitters both sides in GPP, just understand the risk and know you cannot swap out after 7:05pm
- San Diego vs New York Mets – This one could go either way. I would fade completely in Drafters and Draft. For DraftKings, I would fade San Diego hitters. If you’re interested in playing DeGrom or Mets hitters, I would double check the weather closer to lock and be prepared to make changes to your lineup if it’s looking bad. If you want to take DeGrom on Drafters and then swap out later, I don’t have a problem with that as well. I wouldn’t mess with him on Draft though because you can’t swap out unless the game gets PPD before lineup lock and I don’t think that’s going to happen.
- Pittsburgh vs Cleveland – 30% chance of showers. In game delay is a possibility. Definitely wouldn’t play any pitchers in cash. I don’t mind taking the risk in GPP though since it’s only 30%. I also don’t mind taking a chance in Drafters and Draft. Just don’t go crazy with Cleveland bats just in case.
Drafters Top 10 Plays
New to Drafters? Get a $10 free credit and a 50% bonus match on your first deposit up to $100
- Mike Trout – CF
- Jose Ramirez – 3B/LF
- Bryce Harper – CF/RF
- Francisco Lindor – SS
- Joey Votto – 1B
- Michael Brantley – LF/CF
- Whit Merrifield – 2B/LF
- Salvador Perez – C
- Luis Severino – P
- Matt Carpenter – 3B/1B
Draft Top 10 Plays
New to Draft? Get a $3 credit when you make a deposit of $10 or more
- Mike Trout – OF
- Bryce Harper – OF
- Jose Ramirez – IF
- Francisco Lindor – IF
- Joey Votto – IF
- Michael Brantley – OF
- Matt Carpenter – IF
- Teoscar Hernandez – OF
- Luis Severino – P
- Corey Kluber – P
If you are playing 3 person or larger, I would recommend getting your bats first and taking pitcher last. No pitcher is in a good spot today.
Main Slate @ 7:05pm
- Luis Severino – P $13,200
- Corey Kluber – P $12,200
- Jacob DeGrom – P $12,200 (GPP only and check weather before lock)
- Patrick Corbin – P $11,200 (GPP only)
- Sean Newcomb – $8,200
- Jamie Barria – $8,100
- Luis Castello – $6,800
- Luke Farrell – $4,800 (GPP only)
- Luis Santos – $4,600 (GPP only)
Core Hitters – These are players you can build your lineups around
- Mike Trout – OF $5,900
- Jose Ramirez – 3B $6,000
- Bryce Harper – OF $4,800
- Joey Votto – 1B $4,600
- Salvador Perez – C $4,000
- Teoscar Hernandez – OF $4,300
- Kole Calhoun – OF $3,600
- Jose Abreu – 1B $3,500
- Yangervis Solarte – 2B/3B – $3,400
- Luis Valbuena – 1B/3B – $2,900
Team hitters to target
- Cleveland – Target both sides. However the bottom half of the order is pretty expensive. I would stay away from them unless someone gets inserted into the starting lineup that’s $3,500 or less. If that happens, I would jump all over whoever that batter or batters are.
- Los Angeles Angels – Target both sides. Lefties have a much better matchup although righties are fine to play as well. Lots of value currently in the bottom of the lineup if you’re looking to save salary.
- Texas – Target both sides. Righties have a much better matchup although lefties are in a great spot as well. Lots of value throughout this lineup as well if you’re looking to save salary.
- Oakland – Target both sides. Great matchups on each side. Lots of value throughout this lineup as well if you’re looking to save salary.
- Toronto -Target both sides. Great matchups on each side. Lots of value throughout this lineup as well if you’re looking to save salary.
Team hitters to avoid
- Tampa Bay
- San Diego
- Chicago White Sox lefties
- Miami righties
- Atlanta righties
- Milwaukee lefties